Friday, June 20, 2008

Flowers all over Ireland

Here is a cool flower that was growing at Blarney Castle. It was raining, but nobody minds much about the rain. They all just pull out their umbrellas and keep right on going like it isn't even raining.
This is a rose garden in downtown Dublin. These Irish folks really know how to grow a garden. The soil must be very rich. I know the sun shines almost all day long. It only gets dark for a few hours in the middle of the night. I have to sleep with a mask on because it is so light.

Here is a wild Irish rose bush. It was growing at the guest house we stayed in in Killarney, but you see them everywhere over here.


3 comments:

kellie said...

Mom, looks like you are having a blast. Lawrence is fine he has managed to survive the Gray hectic life without missing a day of work or trip through a drive up window. He reminds me everyday that you will be home Monday "late". The kids are doing great too. We just go from football to softball and back again. I'm sure we will have a lot of catching up to do when you get home. Thanks for the pitures and e-mails.Tell Bob hi for us. We love and miss you guys!! XOXOXO

gina said...

Is all of Ireland that quaint? I love the flowers and beautiful buildings everywhere. It looks bloody amazing. :)

gina said...

"That flower is really tall, taller than your umbrella and it's pretty and purple. It's a nice flower. I want to pick it very much, but it's a long way to there. They could snip it down if it gets too big. I love grandma and I miss her a lot." -Abigail