Sunday, August 24, 2008

"Celtic Cow" Brings Sunday Tidings


"Celtic Cow" from Cow Parade (London, 2002) reminds me of our trip to Ireland, June 2008. We visited several graveyards. Here are some pictures from one of them. The guide explained why the Celtic crosses have a circle. He said the circle stood for the sun and the moon which were worshipped by the people they were trying to convert to Christianity. This made the symbol of the cross acceptable.


Here is a beautiful picture of the Irish countryside.

I thought it would be a nice day to show where I go to worship. We have a cross outside our church building like all good Methodists. We have many crosses inside as well. Here is what the front of our sanctuary looks like. I am thankful to have a beautiful building to go to worship and gather with my friends and family. I am also thankful for what the cross means to me personally. God bless us all! Have a blessed Sunday.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have this cow to represent my Irish side (half Irish). I really hope to go to Ireland someday.